iamb is a terminal-based client for Matrix for the Vim addict. You can edit messages, navigate windows and manage tabs in the same ways that your fingers are used to from your favorite text editor!
This documentation indicates keybindings using the following conventions:
- The control key is shown with a leading caret; for example,
- Named keys are shown between angle brackets; for example,
<Space>is the space bar.
- Sequences of keys to be pressed are shown in the order to press them; for
^Wgfindicates that you should type Ctrl-W, then g, and finally f.
iamb is free and open source. You can find the source code, report bugs and request features on GitHub.
If you find a mistake in this documentation, you can report it or submit a pull request at the iamb.chat GitHub repository.
Most of the Vim emulation in iamb comes from the modalkit crate. If you find a bug in text editing, window management, or need a Vim keybinding added, you can file an issue there.
Please feel free to join us in:
- #iamb-users:0x.badd.cafe for discussing using iamb
- #iamb-dev:0x.badd.cafe for discussing developing iamb
Both of these are in the #iamb:0x.badd.cafe space.
iamb and its documentation are released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.